Burjuman Arjaan Hotel Apartment reviewed - Dubai.

On paper, I already liked the concept of the Arjaan arm of the Rotana brand - it is aimed at people seeking longer stays while giving the guest more space and also savings in the long run. I expected something functional for my two day stay. However, part of me was also expecting that special element to add a bit of warmth and spirit even though it was a hotel apartment. 

I had the pleasure of being checked in by Tibeka. Efficient, warm, well spoken and elegant - talk about making a goof first impression. It was effortless, and soon enough I was in my room.

Location
Burjuman Arjaan is housed in a complex in Bur Dubai that features a mall with luxurious high end stores. With easy access to Sheikh Zayed Road, and not to mention being in walking distance to the metro, it finds itself in a very good location. 






Room
My room, a Premium suite, was spacious at 144SQM. A corridor lead me  passed the dining table, kitchenette and then to the living room. Open plan, it gave an enhanced sense of space. The kitchenette was fully functional and had everything you would need to make your stay comfortable. Furthermore, the bedroom and living room were both equipped with LCD TVs. In addition, there was also an ipod docking station in the bedroom. Finally, and this I loved: a balcony that afforded one  a panoramic view of the city, including views of the Burj Khalifa. 





Recreation

While the hotel apartment boasts a gym as well, my focus was very much on the temperature-controlled swimming pool outside where my daughter had an absolutely fun-filled time. The lifeguard on duty, Said, happily engaged guests and showed the strength of this hotel apartment complex - the people. There was also a DVD rental facility, something I commend because I find it so irritating when DVD players are put in suites but guests have no access to DVDs. Nice. 






Dining

We had breakfast at the hotel's all day dining restaurant, The Gallery, on both mornings. It offers a small dining area, hardly surprising because all rooms come with fully equipped kitchenettes. While the restaurant is small and cosy, it is high on warmth and spirt and in the two days I experienced it, I was waited on by a marvellous team of staff who did everything they could to ensure guests had satisfying experiences. While I remember some of the dishes, I easily remember the names of all the staff I interacted with. This is the aspect of the Burjuman Arjaan that I believe will stay with guests - the staff. Rochie, Mary Joy, Marianne, Chim and May Anne ensured that we were well looked after on out first morning. Warm, friendly and willing to go the extra mile is how I would characterise them. I found Rochie, especially, to have that fine balance as a waitress in engaging the guest and also being professional. 

On the second morning, restaurant manager Cletus and his team again did well with the guests. Over and above the wonderful aforementioned female staff mentioned above, Prashant also brought an element of good service. A treat was meeting Chef Rimon who interacted with guests as he guided them through maing their own the Middle Eastern treat, Manakeesh. This was a highlight as it really got guests, including my daughter, involved in breakfast. Very nice. 

In addition to the manakeesh, the poached eggs as well as a variety of made-to-order egg dishes proved popular. 





Finally, we also ordered a couple dishes through the hotel's In-room dining. We ordered the Lasagne and Mixed grill. Everything was done in good time and very professionally, from the call to the setting it up in-room.



Overall verdict

I guess my daughter summed up the experience best when I asked her if she preferred staying at Burjuman Arjaan, a hotel apartment,  or a more traditional type of hotel. She said she preferred the former because it felt like home to her. I agreed with her. Sometimes one needs a  level of privacy and space that the usual hotels do not always give one. In our stay here, it was hard not to notice that there were only 5 rooms on out floor, meaning maximum peace and isolation. In addition, the kitchenette then also gives one the option of just staying in doors and having a home cooked meal. Finally, my experience of the staff really made my stay memorable. I recall, for example, breaking my glasses, but thanks to Joby from engineering, they were fixed, making my stay all the more convenient - these are the things I will remember in addition to the fabulous team at The Gallery - proof again that the most valuable resource in hospitality is people. It was them who would bring that warmth to my stay; the x factor!

Burjuman Arjaan is highly recommended for those needing a bit more space while offering great value for money.


The essentials

Burjuman Arjaan,
Dubai
+971 4 352 4444

Prices
While they vary of course depending on timing, during my stay these were the best available rates. There is a significant discount on advance purchases. 

Classic Suite 660AED
Deluxe Suite 860AED
Premium Suite 1060AED

Comments