Chocolate Gallery's heaven in a cup - Fairmont, Abu Dhabi.

You will be forgiven for thinking you have entered a different time dimension when you step into the Fairmont, Abu Dhabi. In a previous post I commented on the architectural dissonance that is the Fairmont, so I will not dwell on that here. However, you can refer to that entry:

http://mitsukiemma.blogspot.ae/2013/06/buffet-lunches-love-them-or-hate-them.html

Be that as it may,  I find it difficult to dismiss this hotel. The lobby is marvellously airy with a healthy amount of natural light. It was here that I came to Chocolate Gallery. This was brave considering a not so pleasant experience I had more than a year ago. You can read about it on tripadvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/prufrock45

I boldly ended my short review with this :  Lack of attention to detail. Lame attempts made to apologise. We left with our high tea virtually untouched. Will never return.

 Famous last words. Well, I am open to things changing over time. Furthermore, I was here for a drink. And what does the Chocolate Gallery do very well? Anything chocolatey! On arriving, I opted for a seat outside. Glorious weather in Abu Dhabi, so it made sense. I simply ordered their signature hot chocolate. Imagine thick hot chocolate with a layer of chocolate at the top that melts as you drink. This was a delight. It was even more delightful because it did not matter how many calories I was taking in. One has to live sometimes! Fantastic drink!


A disappointing aspect for remains the service. While the waiter for the day was friendly and easy going, I find the service not slick enough for such an establishment. This was manifested when I requested the bill. I used my Abu Dhabi City Card (highly recommended by the way,  as it gives discounts up to 20% at a number of fine places). This threw the service staff, but eventually, after 15 minutes, the bill was sorted out.

I look forward to my next visit I must say. I have now accepted that service here is not the reason you visit. It is named Chocolate Gallery, after all.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Class Champagne offering on Qatar Airways - A380 Service Doha-Bangkok

Sushisan for a casual Japanese experience - Holiday Inn Airport Road, Abu Dhabi

Top Brunches in Abu Dhabi 2016