Hotel stay and Friday Brunch at Centro Hotel in Barsha - Dubai.

My liaison with the Centro brand started 4 years ago when I tried  brunch at one of its Abu Dhabi properties. The hotel struck me as offering value or money in a neat, clean space. Since then, I have stayed at a few more Centro properties, but never at the one in Barsha, Dubai. 

We checked in a bit early - remember it is always free to ask. It has been my experience that if rooms are available, hotels will be very accommodating. That is how they create brand loyalty. 

Our Room
Our room, a Centro suite, had a separate living area and bedroom. While 44SQM is moderately sized, I would rather have a suite this size than a large bedroom. The point to note is that during our stay, the suite was priced at around 400AED for the Summer rate. A suite with a kitchenette and decent sized bar fridge gives the guest a bit of flexibility and kids love it! Incidentally, a standard room was available for around 170AED. Rates are of course seasonal and fluctuate based on demand. Very affordable. 






Brunch

Brunch is served in c.taste, the hotel's all day dining restaurant. We chose to sit in the space with the atrium. There is a more private area for those who prefer it. I liked our table because we could enjoy natural light but without the heat. The atrium area, with  date palms and a water feature had a peacefulness about it.

An intimate brunch
The brunch caters for no more than a 90 guests and this number feels even smaller because of the atrium and 'indoor' seating area. With so many big brunches out there, sometimes I just want an intimate affair where I can disappear and relax. Centro Barsha offers that. 



We ate...

My favourite station was the cold mezze and salad stations. These are undeniably the strengths of the brunch. Make sure you try the quinoa salad! While there is no kids menu as such, pizza and fresh pasta seemed to go down well with the kids. I too had something from the live pasta station. My daughter and I both tried the slow cooked beef which did not quite hit the spot and we agreed it was a tad overcooked. 






And drank...

One other reason I chose to sit in the 'atrium' area was its proximity to the bar. This is a really great idea to have the bar open. It is a natural extension of the  brunch experience and gives people the chance to stretch their legs and have a drink at the bar. The drinks selection is fabulous, with a very generous offering of Prosecco, two reds and two whites. Having tried over 75 brunches since 2016, I can say this selection is up there with many 5 star hotel brunches. Tremendous value for your Dirham! 


Children's area

In keeping with the size of the brunch, there is  a small kids' area that proved a magnet for my 11 year old. I could not resist but join her on the super comfy bean bags. In fact, neither could Dubai household name Millette Suan of Bubblymiles fame. Very kindly, she allowed Mitsuki to practice her creative skills. I like how the brunch has worked within its limitation - size - and still tried to offer something for kids. 



We Relaxed

While we did not use the gym - kids rightly not allowed - it is a  nice extra in a  3 star branded hotel. It is about offering a  value experience for the guests without the price of a 5 star hotel. However, we certainly used the swimming pool. Again, I appreciate the manner in which Centro Barsha makes use of its space to ensure the guest has an all round hotel experience that is very affordable.  



Centro Barsha proved an ideal getaway for my daughter and me. The one hour drive from Abu Dhabi was certainly worth it. Rooms are very well priced, the brunch offers the same value for money and staff ensured that we were well looked after. But the latter is indeed a  key element of the Centro experience. Staff are well trained and well spoken and added that final element to our hotel stay - warm service and equally warm smiles. 

The finer details

Centro Barsha,
Road 329, Barsha 1
Dubai
+971 4 704 0000

Brunch: Brunch Mania at Centro Barsha

Brunch Packages
AED 85 inclusive of water, juices, soft beverages
AED 175 inclusive of water, juices, soft beverages and house beverages
Kids aged 6 to 12 years enjoy 50% off / kids under 6 years complimentary



Brandon Stoltenkamp
Disclaimer: I was invited to try brunch courtesy of the hotel. 

Comments