Hotel Stay at Nour Arjaan Apartment Hotels by Rotana - Fujairah

With Dubai an obvious choice for short get aways, we often forget the other emirates. I recently had the delight of visiting Fujairah and staying at the Nour Arjaan, a hotel apartment complex in the heart of the city. The drive from Abu Dhabi was about 3 hours including a stop for breakfast along the way. 

Location
With the city centre and beach a mere 5-10 minutes away by car, the location is really convenient. The convenience is further driven home by the fact that there is a Lulu mall within a 6 minute walk. The mall has a lulu supermarket, food courts and a wide variety of shops including a pharmacy - all perfect for short, medium and long term visitors. 






Room
Check in was effortless and handled very politely by Malou, one of the staff on duty. With me checking in at around 10.30 in  the morning, I appreciated the offer of a newspaper -  I hate it when hotels skimp on something like a newspaper when they either get it for free or at a huge discount. A nice touch indeed. 

Our room, a premium one bedroom suite, was on the 18th floor. There are 225 rooms with 5 options, ranging from my room to a classic studio, classic suite, two bedroom apartment and three bedroom apartment. My room was comfortable, with a separate living room and bedroom. I missed having  bath, I must say, and realised too late I should have requested a bath as some of the suites do have a bath. A handy kitchenette makes it convenient and cost effective for longer stay guests. 





Recreation
While the hotel has  a kids club for younger children, my daughter was content to spend most of her time in the pool. I appreciated the fact that a lifeguard was on duty during our visits to the pool. The team that also oversees Bodylines, the health and fitness floor of the hotel, were excellent in every way with warm smiles all round. 

View from the pool. 
Dining
We had breakfast and brunch at the hotel's all day dining restaurant, Murjan Café & Restaurant. It is  small and intimate restaurant seating no more than about 70 guests. Breakfast featured a live omelette station which proved to be the most popular. There were the usual dishes you would expect at breakfast. I particularly liked the kids' selection of cereals. 

The restaurant's brunch offered tremendous value. Some of the standout dishes that again seemed so popular with the guests were the Lamb harra and the Penne with alfredo sauce. In addition to the nice selection of salads, one of my favourite stations was the hot mezze which provided some tasty treats. Of the desserts on offer, I had  a few servings of the Rice pudding and of course the Um ali. Both were simply yum. 

The service was professional and staff did their best to meet the needs of their guests. 







Overall
I really like the Arjaan brand with its emphasis on home comforts. The spacious apartments at very good rates provide guests with that sense of home. 
Nour Arjaan, featuring its convenient location, good service and value for money, is an ideal choice for any visit to the city. 

Nour Arjaan by Rotana,
Fujairah,
http://bit.ly/1PTWIap
+971 9 202 5555 

A Premium one bedroom at the time of my stay cost 453AED-600AED



Brandon Stoltenkamp

Disclaimer: I consult at restaurants and hotels in an attempt to look at the entire product to take service levels to where they should be. I visited Nour Arjaan as  a guest of the hotel. 

Comments